Saturday, December 11, 2010

The art of Chai

Everyone has their own preferences Chai, but I like me and not too strong nor too weak and milky. If the color of my Chai is the same as the color of my skin - skin Indian media - I know you understand.

Manufacturing Process

First, the product I am biased against itself loose tea leaves Brooke Bond Red Label. This is the most popular tea in India because of its wealth. The difference between Lipton and Brooke Bond Red LabelGreen Label (both brands are owned by the same company) is that while the first comes from tea plantations in Assam, Darjeeling is the second. Green Label is also aromatic, many people mix the two for the best of both. Yellow Label is different in general, although milder than those two.

I start with hot water, add my choice of flavors at first. If it all comes down over a neighbor, I'll add the tea leaves. I only use half a teaspoon per cup.As soon as bubbles and rises, I simmer the heat and leave only about five seconds. Finally, I left milk and cook for a few seconds more. This is because I do not like the taste "raw". Another way to avoid this is by means of condensed milk can.

Chai flavors
Even if people Chai how to combine two or more flavors in my tea, I prefer one. Some of the most common flavors are:

Ginger: A favorite winterAll you need is a small piece of ginger, is hit or rubbed

Cardamom: A pod for 1-2 cups (depending on what you want), pounded

Fennel seeds (Saunf): A quarter teaspoon per cup of tea makes for a wonderfully aromatic blend, ideal for hot days

Tulsi: Also known as Holy Basil, Tulsi adds a wonderful flavor. For more information on the procurement of Tulsi, see below

Mint: a nice replacement for Tulsi leaves

Cinnamon: Manish favorite half inch stick to each cup is sufficient

FennelLemongrass: a popular ingredient in Thai that combines fresh citrus scent

spice mix: As I said, many people like a tea made with different spices and grind their struggle for daily use. The most popular blend contains five elements in equal amounts - fennel seeds (saunf), cardamom, pepper, cloves and cinnamon. The masala is so strong that only a bit of it per cupTea>.

Resources

Tulsi (holy basil) leaves are hard to find in the United States. Some want to sell Indian markets will grow Tulsi plants, but an easy way for your system, buy seeds http://www.seedsofchange.com. Alternatively, you can purchase Tulsi http://www.organicindia.com flavor from tea leaves

Lemon Grass can be purchased in grocery stores or fresh Thai. A couple of good online shops and are http://www.importfood.comhttp://www.templeofthai.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment